uberhoot
Thursday, July 26, 2007
  My Personal Hero
There are few people in this world I really envy - only those who are smarter, richer, or more attractive than I am. Okay, well, there are a LOT of people that I envy, apparently. But there are very few who I consider my hero. Tops on that list is a man near and dear to my heart, and my name: Byrd. The man does nothing but sit around in silence and let out the occasional snarky laugh, and has been a Television Star for years.

The Byrd-ManFor those of you not "in the know" - and by "in the know" I mean "prone to watching crap daytime TV due to the evil powers of your Tivo-esque device" - Byrd is Judge Judy's right-hand man, her bailiff, if you will. While JJ spends all day prating about how kids these days should quit doing perfectly reasonable things like loaning strangers money and parents should stop letting their kids' friends drive, just because they're 14, Byrd stands off in the corner glaring at miscreants - only being called out of his cage on the rare occasion he needs to put the verbal smackdown on some hooligan. Poised, alert, intelligent, and fundamentally lazy - he's everything I hoped I'd be. Here's to you, Byrd, truly, the greatest American Hero.
 
Comments:
CUTE!
 
Bird, now who was the Byrd on The People's Court? It wasn't Doug Llewelyn, he was the dude who chased the plaintiffs down the hall with his little microphone (I am suddenly scared that I neither had to look up the court reporter's name, nor how to spell it... it doesn't get more gen X than that, people).

Let's go to the interwebs and see who it the bailiff was... ah, that's right, Rusty Burrell! Thank you interwebs!!1
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Art blog.

This is now a blog for art projects. That means scans, junk you did, photographs, projects. No text rambles. Death to text rambles! That is all.

Archives
June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]